Workers’ compensation covers most work-related injuries but workers’ compensation insurers often deny claims that does not meet the requirements.
Here are some reasons why workers’ compensation insurers may deny cases:
– The worker didn’t report their injury immediately
– Self-inflicted injuries (including those caused by a person who starts a fight)
– Injuries sustained as a result of the employee committing a crime
– Injuries not resulting from incident while “on the job”
– Injuries suffered when an employee’s conduct violated company policy.
A skilled lawyer will make sure you file all the necessary paperwork and meet all the critical deadlines. An experienced attorney will also know how to gather and present the evidence supporting your case, and the best strategies of negotiating with insurance companies.
Please read more